Edward Browne (Ireland)
Lessons: English Conversation and Study, IELTS and Cambridge Exams, Professional English, Job Interview and CV Preparation.
If you need to improve your English for work or business, for academic study, or to pass an exam or job interview, then lessons with me can help you to progress in an enjoyable and efficient way.
– Experienced English teacher in Ireland
– Experienced language learner (Korean, French and Chinese)
– Experience working in education, research and administration
About my lessons:
1. English Conversation lessons are for you to enjoy speaking English freely, improve and build your confidence through practice and feedback. I like to talk about lots of different topics, and I also suggest reading and listening homework activities that you can use to improve. Furthermore, you can improve your knowledge and confidence of parts of English like collocations and phrasal verbs through natural conversation about interesting subjects.
2. IELTS: We focus on all 4 key English skills, in particular speaking and writing. In particular, we practice sample questions together and I give you clear feedback about how to make your score higher (by looking at the IELTS assessment criteria and focusing on things you can improve). Before and after each class, I also provide relevant reading and listening materials to help you develop your ideas and range of vocabulary.
3. If you’re preparing for a job interview or need to perfect your CV, then I can help you prepare and feel more confident and persuasive. This type of English is different because it requires you to really think in detail about what your prospective employer is looking for, and talk about your skills and achievements in a clear and engaging way. In this way, you can really market yourself as the best person for the job. Watch the video below to find out more!
4. Professional English: Improve your business or professional English through intensive practice talking about work topics and situational dialogues. We select textbook materials and work on different areas such as presentations, meetings and email writing.
5. Language Learning Strategy is a lesson designed to help you learn English more efficiently through improving your study techniques and approach to learning English. Watch the video below for more information.
What my students say:
Our weekly classes were really so good, I’m improving my English, Edward helped me a lot. (David, Brazil)
Edward was attentive, friendly, funny. Giving valuable tips, correcting on the right time, sharing material. Fantastic class. (Luca, Italy)
Thank you Edward, it was lovely speaking with you and your class was very helpful. Totally recommended if someone is looking to review their CV and cover letter! (Giulia, Italy)
Thank you as always! I really feel that I am improving in English. Thanks! (Jeong, Korea)