Edward Browne (Ireland)
- Experience: 10 years
- Lesson: Conversation/IELTS/Business/Job Interview
- Language Skills:
- English ,
- Korean ,
- French ,
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Teaching Specialities:
- Test Preparation
- Personal tags:
- ETAPP exam>
- Job Interview/CV
If you need to improve your English for work or business, for academic study, to pass an exam or job interview, or just to enhance your future prospects, sessions with me can help you to progress in an enjoyable and efficient way.
– Experienced teacher and teacher trainer
– Experienced language learner (Korean, French and Chinese)
– Experience working in education, research and administration
About my lessons:
1. Conversation lessons can be about either light-hearted or serious topics, and either unstructured or structured around pre-assigned reading and listening exercises. Each lesson includes documented corrections and feedback about your English, and suggested resources to help you continue improving. I encourage my students to read and write as much as possible outside of class.
2. Exam lessons are primarily based on speaking and providing you with guidance and feedback on the listening, reading and listening sections of the exam. The lesson uses a combination of exam preparation materials, and real world materials that are relevant to the topics and tasks covered in the exam. The key to success is being familiar with the requirements of the exam and getting plenty of practice.
3. Job interviews and CVs have different requirements to general conversational English. You need to be able to talk about your skills and experience in a clear and engaging way, and understand what your prospective employer is looking for. This lesson involves intensive practice and feedback to make sure you can do this properly. We can also talk about the job market in Ireland and the Britain if your ambition is to work in this region.
4. Professional English lessons are based on you and your work, and your English requirements at work. I can help you improve your work-based English through intensive practice talking about work topics and situational dialogues. We can also work on presentations – using the correct structure and expressions, and email writing.